Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Pretty December Wedding

Flipping back through my notebook of notes and dates and things, I discovered that this lovely little wedding took place 63 years ago, on December 3, 1949.  Delores Alcott and Morris Trout were married at the Thorofare home of the bride's parents, William and Ada Alcott. 


Sister Lois was Maid of Honor, wearing blue, I understand.  What do you think about that headpiece??  Hmmmm.....   And I believe the Best Man is Morrie's brother, Tommy?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  [The cute little minister peeking through the background is Rev. Wayland, according to my notes.] 

Sweet-smiling little Delores, all grown up and married.


 Of course, our Aunti Dee was no stranger to lovely gown-wearing.  Here she is all dressed up for the prom.
 


 
 
 
Whoops!!  This must be a pre-prom photo.  [Sorry, Aunt Dee!  But didn't I say previously that we are all fair game and may all be subject to the posting of some of our more unflattering photos?]
 
 
Now this is better -- saucy!!
 

Very sweet family photo.  What color was the velvet dress? 

 
Maybe one of my favorite snapshots of Uncle Morrie.
 

 
Awwww.....  sweet brother and sister photo -- David and Susan Trout.
 

 
 --cds/ck
 
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment