Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sisters

Fair warning - this is a picture-heavy post.  I hate to put the "Sisters" song from that old Bing Crosby/Danny Kaye movie White Christmas in your head, but I've got a theme going here.


 
Various groupings of the Alcott sisters Lois, Delores, Sis, Ethel and Claudia.



 
 
 
Lots of sister get togethers.  Lois and Sis - Ethel seated above.


Lois and Ethel on skates!

 
 
Delores and Lois, baby Doug in the middle.


Oh my, 1980's fashions.



Sisters Harriet and Ada Carroll - unsure of the child's identity.


Studio-posed sisters, baby Claudine and Thelma Carroll.


Sisters Pauline and Mary (holding Teddy) Lugar in 1911 - Harriet's children.
 
 
Sisters Thelma, Ada and Claudine (with daughter/niece Ethel, standing tallest).

 
About 1952, Ada with mother Laura Carroll, and sisters Thelma and Claudine.

 
 
Early photo of Thelma (Sis) and older sister Ethel.

 
And again, some years later.


Sis and Ethel (holding Delores).

 
 
One of my favorites, Sis and Ethel on top step; Lois and Delores on bottom - all so nicely dressed, taken during the Big Bow Era, obviously.



Lois, Sis and Claudia.

Out of order, but taken the same day as the steps-photo above.


Another nice one of Ethel and Sis.

Lois and Delores, just before Lois's wedding, September 1951.


Teenagers Lois and Delores.  They seemed to get along so well, right?

Not so!  Here is Delores beating up on poor Lois.  Put her on the ground! 


Made her go crying to Mother!  Poor Lois.
 
I'm glad they all get along so well now.
 

Lois and Claudia.


Not so sure about sisters-in-law.  I don't know why this photo cracks me up so much - left to right, Ada (Carroll) Alcott with her two sisters-in-law, Ethel (Alcott) Vint and Jenny Carroll (Uncle Nick's wife-of-the-week -- oh, give me a break, he had, like four of them!).  This was taken at Lois and Doug's wedding.

 
Newer generation of sisters -- Carole, Jackie and Janet Alcott.  I'm sorry I don't have one with all of you and Cindy.  Send me some! 

 
Cousin-Sisters!  Carole and Susan, topless Janet and me.  

 
So why does Janet get to wear the cute bow in her hair and I look like an escapee from the orphanage?

 
Ah, well....  sisters are awesome, it seems. 

 
(Claudia, Jeff and Doug DeHart)

But brothers are mighty fine, also.  --cds


1 comment:

  1. Dear bloggers Claudia and Claudia,
    My lunch break has now become blogger break. Really enjoying seeing all the pictures and info. Its so easy to forget about the ones beyond your parents and grandparents who had something to do with us being here. Its good to be in touch with your roots. Keep up the good work.

    Love your Bro/nephew.

    ReplyDelete