Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Turn of the Century Technology

Impressed with the quality and clarity of some of these old photos, we consulted our family resources about our camera questions. Terrie Sue Baker Bruce sent this info.
I'm sorry I can't make this bigger - my tech-knowledge is limited - to read this you may have to save it to your picture manager and zoom in.  Anyway, both of Terrie and Ron's kids have photography businesses, http://aliciabrucephoto.blogspot.com/ and http://realestate.ronniebruce.com/, and Ronnie has a camera collection and says these are the sorts of photographic equipment used around 1915.



I had no idea.  I know many 1950's-era families had those Kodak Brownie cameras - I had to remind my Mom that she must have had one because of all those black and white snapshots we have, like these:
Thelma (Sis), George Humphrey, Ada Alcott, baby Claudia, Delores, standing, Susan (Trout) Searl held by Claudia (Alcott) Kohl.

William Reynolds Alcott and Douglas Clark DeHart.

Jack and Len, with kids Claudia Alcott, Jackie Alcott and George Humphrey.
 

Back row, Doug DeHart, Leonard Alcott, Stephen (Bud) Marks, Carl Alcott, John E. Carroll. Front row, Jack Alcott, John Wesley Toy Alcott, Morris Trout, William Reynolds Alcott.

Here is proof of the 1950's camera (nice pins, Lo-lo).

I think she's holding the same camera in her hand in this color shot that my Dad took.
 

Same with this one of the Claudias in front of my Dad's old Ford.


 
He used this 35mm Kodak that left us all those great color slides of the 50's and 60's.  Before I left Vermont I scanned ALL those slides (1000+) in the tech lab of the college where I worked -- it took weeks of lunch-hour time, but now we have them saved to various media for future generations.  Thanks, Pops!

Because how boring life would be if we didn't have pictures like this:



Oh, Claudias...   --cds/ck







1 comment:

  1. I had some additional information on vintage cameras, Claudie. I'll message you on FB with the info. I even have a few old cameras in my collection! (So does Ronnie)

    ReplyDelete