Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ancestral Dogs

It seems we must also take a moment to give proper homage to the canine friends in our family history since they seem to be showing up with regularity in the photographs I've been uploading recently. This is Butch, circa 1940's:


With Ethel, Leonard, Claudia and Lois.



Butch seems to have been a family favorite, even though my Mom tells me Ada referred to him often as "scum-of-the-earth."  Poor Butch.

 
This is a picture of Ethel around 1920.  I swear the animal looks like a sheep to me, not a dog.  Weird.

 
My Mom says she thinks this dog below was named Boots.  That's Leonard holding him/her with Bill and Carl at his sides.  Or Carl and Bill.  Damn, they look alike at this age.



Is this Boots all grown up?  With Jack.

 
This is Ethel with a cute puppy.  If this is her boxer-dog Mugsy, I wish he'd stayed that little.  Mugsy of the 1950's used to scare the living hell out of me.

 
What the???  Who had the Saint Bernard?  

 
Ada and Lois LOVE dogs, really!
 


(we do love you, Mikey!) --cds/ck


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm I would say it's more like Dogs LOVE them! I know my puppy loves Aunt Lois!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete